with apply the precaution’Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) are the Australian Government’s primary authority on radiation protection and nuclear safety, protecting the Australian people and the environment from the harmful effects of radiation. Many other countries have assessed research and reduced exposure limits to their citizens, removing WiFi from schools and issuing warnings to reduce children’s exposure (1). ARPANSA have responded by adding the following disclaimer to their website.
“Nothing contained in this site is intended to be used as medical advice and, in particular, it should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease in individual cases, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own health practitioner’s professional advice. ARPANSA does not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by use of or reliance on the information provided on this website.” (2)
“ARPANSA cannot guarantee, and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for, the relevance, accuracy, currency or completeness of the information.” (1)
Where does this leave Australian Schools? Australian Schools complete risk assessment relied on meeting ARPANSA’s Standard. Insurance companies do not cover harm caused by Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Fields (3). With solid scientific evidence Law Firms are looking to act against harm caused by RF EMFs (4). Now is the time to complete an independent Risk Assessment with current scientific findings, which have led other countries limiting exposure to students in classrooms. Wireless Risk Management provides an example of how a risk assessment for schools may look (5).
Have you approached your school with scientific evidence RF EMFs are harmful? Have they removed WiFi? If they have not taken action to remove WiFi from your children school, download the letter from HOC the WiFi and formally request your child’s school applies the precautionary principle to wireless devices in your child’s school.
- ARPANSA ND. Disclaimer. Provision of education and research information only. https://www.arpansa.gov.au/about-us/disclaimer
2. RF Safe. 2015. Lloyd’s of London Insurance Won’t Cover Smartphones – WiFi – Smart Meter Cell Phone Towers By Excluding ALL Wireless Radiation Hazards. https://www.rfsafe.com/lloyds-of-london-insurance-wont-cover-smartphones-wifi-smart-meters-cell-phone-towers-by-excluding-all-wireless-radiation-hazards/
- Premier Compensation Lawyers. ND. WiFi. https://premiercompensationlawyers.com.au/service/compensation-law/wifi
- Wireless Risk Assessment. 2018. Example Risk Assessment for Radiofrequency radiation exposures in schools and places of care for children and young people . https://www.wirelessriskassessment.org/risk-assessment1
5. ARPANSA. ND. How to reduce exposure from mobile phones and other wireless devices. https://www.arpansa.gov.au/understanding-radiation/radiation-sources/more-radiation-sources/reducing-exposure-to-mobile-phones